Just a short walk from Byron’s lively cafes, accommodation and fabulous beaches.
General enquiries: (02) 6685 6807
10.00am and 4.00pm week days.
Byron Theatre & Community Centre
69 Jonson Street
PO Box 309 Byron Bay NSW 2481
the Byron Theatre
Built in 2002 the Byron Theatre is an outstanding contemporary venue in the heart of Byron Bay. The venue is ideal for a range of music performances, from allocated seating classical concerts, to standing/ dance music events.The tiered seating can be retracted to leave an open space with a 360 meter square sprung-dance floor suitable for dance events or a cabaret style set-up. Now, with an awesome new sound system in the Theatre and a comprehensive ticketing system with increasing online sales – the Byron Theatre is ideal for your next event!
Eleven Reasons to Use Byron Theatre
- Not-for-profit theatre
The Byron Theatre is part of the Byron Community Centres’ not for profit social enterprise model. As a social enterprise, tickets to events in our theatre are worth a lot more than their dollar value! This means that funds raised from ticket sales will go towards a good cause and are used to provide services, projects and events that benefit our local community here in Byron Bay. So every time you attend an event in our theatre you’re helping us run vibrant and inclusive cultural programs for our local community. To learn more about our social enterprise please click here
- Fantastic acoustic, great Nexo Geo sound system
- 246 seat ampi-theatre style contemporary venue
- Seats retract for standing events, 250+ capacity
- Computerised ticket system, online and box office
- Basic marketing included, extra promotion available
- Winner of Best Venue in the 2003 Dolphin Awards
- Full size 7.7m X 4m film screen backdrop + projector
- The Steinway piano, for only the cost of piano tuning
- Great technician, event manger plus front of house
- A great excuse to spend time in beautiful Byron Bay
also accommodates the Northern Rivers Writers’ Centre, Bay FM Community
Radio, Adult Community Education (ACE), Planet Corroboree (an Aboriginal
art and craft shop) and Fundamentals (a natural health store). For more information about the venue please click here.
The Theatre is owned and managed by the Byron Bay Community Association, a not-for-profit incorporated Association. It is almost entirely self-funded. Hold Your Conference in Byron Bay Combining the 246 seat amphitheatre style Byron Theatre with 3 break-out rooms plus foyers, courtyard and veranda, the venue can be utilized in a variety of ways to create the ideal venue for your next conference. If required, the whole venue can be booked as a dedicated venue for the sole use for your conference. Conference packages are available for Theatre and Meeting Room hire, including all audio-visual equipment from the projector and screen to wipe-board and pens.
Ten Types of Events Perfect for the Byron Theatre:
- Fantastic Venue for Byron leg of national tours
- Perfect for unplugged sets from established artists
- Break new acts in an intermit and casual settings
- Use as a pre-tour production/ rehearsal space
- Great location to warm up for, or end, a tour
- Brillant acoustics for live audio or film recording
- Promote band showcases e.g. Spunk Records
- Pre-festival rehearsal or post-festival sideshow
- Licensed venue, but it can be an alcohol free event
- Retract the seats and dance! e.g. Mojo Juju
Catering Catering options are available for all events including conferences to suit your budget. Catering options rage from morning to afternoon tea and buffet lunches, to opening and/or closing champagne and canapé events.
Theatre Centre plays a major community development function in the Byron shire.
Over 20 years it has established many community services, helping create
over 50 jobs and bringing in over $10 million to the local community.